10 Simple Ways to Start Living Sustainably
Living sustainably means choosing a lifestyle that reduces the use of Earth’s natural resources.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room.
- Hang clothes to dry, or use wool dryer balls to reduce drying time.
- Skip the plastic grocery bags at checkout and bring your own reusable shopping bag instead. If you forget to bring your own bag, choose a paper bag whenever possible and recycle it.
- Grow your own herbs; even if space is limited a few pots in the kitchen helps.
- Take the stairs instead of an elevator, which can also serve as a mini workout.
- Go paperless! Read articles on the computer, send e-invitations, and take notes using laptop.
- Replace light bulbs with LED ones that are more energy efficient and lasts longer.
- Buy higher quality clothes that will last longer, or buy second-hand clothes.
- Only cook what you will eat. If there are leftovers, store them in a bowl with beeswax wrap or reusable food storage bags.
- Use a low-flow showerhead and a shower timer.